This article will provide three different methods that allow the user to add items to the shopping cart in the Sales module:
- Search Bar
- Bar Code Scanner
- Quick Buttons
Preconditions are the necessary settings, permissions, and items created in your software to allow the feature to work.
- Access to the Point of Sale module
Follow the below steps to add items into the Sales shopping cart:
Option 1: From the sales module:
- Click into the search bar at the top
- Start typing the name of the item you wish to add to the shopping cart
- A dropdown list will appear with all of the items that match your search
- Click from that dropdown list to select the item you wish to add to the shopping cart
Option 2: From the Sales module:
- Click into the Item Search Bar at the top. (It is important that your cursor is inside the search bar before you scan the inventory item's bar code)
- Scan the Bar Code on the inventory item
- As long as the bar code is linked to an item in the inventory module, the inventory item should automatically populate in the shopping cart after it has been scanned
Option 3: From the Sales module:
- On the left side of the screen, you have the option to create quick buttons.
- Once you click on a Quick Button, the correlating inventory item will be added to the shopping cart
Q: How do I create Quick buttons?
A: Please see the article How to Create Quickbuttons for assistance.
Q: Why is my scanner not populating an item into the shopping cart when I scan the barcode associated with the item in the inventory module?
A: This may be because the scanner is not in Keyboard Emulation mode. View the scanner's user manual for instructions on putting the scanner in Keyboard Emulation mode.
For further assistance, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com or 800-929-5737