There are three default permission levels. Employee, Manager, and Admin. Each comes with certain permissions that allow them to delete/edit sales, view certain reports, etc. This article will go over the basics of each permission level as well as certain roles within the software. To set up more advanced employee permissions, please view our "Advanced Employee Permissions" article.
The biggest differences between an Employee, Manager, and Admin are below:
- Admin: Can edit sales, delete sales, override discounts, re-assign/access assigned tables in F&B, and create/delete employees.
- Manager: Can override discounts, re-assign/access assigned tables in F&B.
- Employee: Can only perform basic functions in the software.
In the Employees module, there are various permissions/modules that you can give to an employee. Below is a detailed list of what each module gives to the employees. Please note that this is a comprehensive list and that an employee might be slightly more restricted than an admin. If you are wanting to give an employee access to a module, but not include all of the permissions within that module, please view our "Advanced Employee Permissions" article.
Tee Sheet: Manage
- Make all tee time reservations, leagues, events, blocks or shotguns.
- Update any reservation.
- Delete any reservation.
- Check-in all players.
- Issue rainchecks.
- Access Tee sheet settings.
Sales: & Returns Processing
- Create and complete all sales.
- Return sales.
- Suspend sales/start tabs.
- Attach a customer to a sale, and edit that customer’s information.
- Change the price/put a discount on any sales.
- Issue rainchecks.
- Edit quick buttons.
- Access Sales settings.
Food & Beverage: Sales Portal
- Open/close the register.
- Create and complete all sales.
- Send items to the kitchen.
- Open any table.
- Add tips and share tips.
- Create new rooms or layouts for the tables.
- Switch employees on a specific table.
Inventory: Add, Update & Search
- Add items to the inventory for the Pro Shop or the Food and Beverage.
- Note that inventory items include items, gift cards, service fees, and member passes.
- Edit items in the inventory, including bulk editing multiple items.
- Print barcode labels for the items.
- Import and export inventory items.
- Perform inventory audits and reset the item count.
- Set up the receipt agreements.
- Delete inventory items.
Item Kits: Add, Update & Search Kits
- Create item kits.
- This is also where punch cards are created.
- Edit item kits.
- Delete item kits.
- Print barcodes for the item kits.
Employees: Add, Update & Search
- Add employees.
- Edit employees account, including username, password, and permissions.
- Export the employee list.
- Delete employees.
Customers: Add, Update & Search
- Add new customers, and edit existing customers information.
- Add customers to a group.
- Import and export lists of customers.
- Subscribe them to emails.
- Enable two-way texting & text the customers using two-way texting.
- See the account history for their member balance, account balance and invoice balance.
- This includes the ability to perform manual edits on specific customers’ accounts.
- Merge duplicate customers and bulk edit customers.
- Delete customers.
- See deleted customers.
Reports: View & Generate
- View all reports, including those found in the New Reporting page for a specific date range.
- Edit sales through the Sales Report.
- Edit employee time punches through the Time Clock Report.
- Export any of the reports to a CSV or PDF file.
Suppliers: Add, Update & Search
- Add suppliers.
- Edit suppliers.
- Import and export list of suppliers.
- Delete suppliers.
Receivings: Process Purchase Orders
- Receive all items and have them instantly update within the inventory.
- There is also an option to return items to a supplier here.
Gift Cards: Add, Update & Search
- Assign gift cards and punch cards to customers: note that this does not charge customers.
- Edit gift cards and punch cards.
- Import and export gift cards and punch cards.
- Delete gift cards and punch cards.
Passes: Update & Search
- Assign a customer a pass, note that this does not charge the customer for the pass.
- Edit existing passes.
- Delete existing passes.
Settings: & Preferences
- Change course information.
- Change hours of operation.
- Create an online welcome message and booking rules.
- Create a no show policy and other tee time rules.
- Manage tee sheets, green fees, and price classes.
- Create daily specials and access all tee sheet settings.
- Access sales settings and printer settings.
- Use the Quickbooks export feature and export a CSV to import into Quickbooks.
- Add, edit and delete terminals.
- Printers will need to be mapped in the terminal settings. Set up the loyalty points for the specific golf course.
Marketing: Campaign Management
- Create email and text campaigns.
- Copy existing campaigns.
- Set up recurring emails.
- View all campaigns that have been sent out.
Changing the permission levels and roles an employee has:
1. Go to the Employees module.
2. If adding a new employee, then click "New Employee" on the left.
Edit both the employee level and then their access and permissions. You can toggle on and off certain permissions based on the employee. For example, you can have a manager only have access to Settings.
3. If editing an existing employee, click "Edit" to the right of the employee.
4. Click "Save" on the employee record.