- Go to the Customers module.
- Search the customer you would like to set up for autopay.
- Click on the action arrow to edit the customer.
- Go to the Billing tab.
A Credit Card or ACH bank account on file is required to enable autopay.
- If there is NO Credit Card/ACH on file, click “Add Credit Card” or "Add Bank Account". This will pull up a separate screen where you can swipe/manually enter in the Credit Card/ACH information that the customer would like on file.
- Click the checkbox that says “Account Autopay Enabled”. This will enable the customer to autopay.
- Under the Account Autopay section and also the Billing Schedule section, you’ll see that it says “No preferred methods”. If neither of these is changed to a preferred method, then the first Credit Card/ACH on file will automatically autopay. If a customer has multiple cards/accounts on file, this is where you would choose which one they would like to autopay with.
Bulk Enabling Autopay
There is a way to set up autopay for a large amount of members at once.
- Access the Customer module
- Use the Groups Dropdown and select a member group
- Use check boxes next to specific members or use the top-most checkbox to select all of the members within the group.
- Next, select Bulk Edit.
- This will open up the bulk edit window. Scroll down to the billing section and checkmark both boxes next to Account Autopay Enabled.
- Finally, select the blue Confirm button.
* There is a setting on each template called "Enable Autopay" this NEEDS TO BE CHECKED in order for a customer to autopay. If a customer is set to autopay, but this is not checked, their card WILL NOT be charged.
**Once you have finished creating a billing template, please reach out to your account manager or our support team to double-check everything before it sends out to your customers.