Before billing charges can be sent, they need to be assigned to customers in the Customer module. This article will follow the steps to adding a billing template to individual customer profiles as well as via the bulk edit tool.
- Part One: Attach a Billing Template to Individual Customers.
- Part Two: Add a Billing Template to Multiple Customers at Once Using the Bulk Edit Tool.
Preconditions are the necessary settings, permissions, and items created in your software to allow the feature to work.
Must have the Billing module
- Must have the billing templates created and ready to be assigned in the Billing module
- Must have access to the Customer module
Steps: Part 1
Follow the below steps to attach a billing template to individual customers:
1. Go to the Customers module
2. Search for the customer profile the billing template will be added to and select Edit from the arrow drop down menu.
3. Go to the Billing tab of the customer profile
4. Click into the text box under the Billing Schedule field to search and add billing templates from the billing module
5. Save changes
Steps: Part 2
Follow the below steps to add a billing template to multiple customers at once using the Bulk Edit tool:
1. Go to the Customer module
2. Use the check boxes along the side of each customer profile to select the customers a billing template will be added to
3. Once the customers being edited have been selected, select the Bulk Edit button
4. Check the 'Billing Memberships' box under the Billing section of the Bulk Edit screen to edit the billing schedule field within the customer profiles.
5. In the top text box select 'Add to Existing' from the drop down list to add a billing template to a profile. In the bottom text box select the billing template that you will be adding from the drop down list (The drop down list will reflect the billing templates that have been made in the Billing module). Select confirm once these edits have been made.
6. On the Confirm page, verify that the edits you are making are correct. Select 'Start Edit' to complete the Bulk Edit function. Note: This function cannot be undone. Be sure to review the edits that you are making before completing the bulk edit.
7. Close the Bulk Edit window once the edit is complete and refresh your screen to see the changes you've made.
For further assistance, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com or 800-929-5737