This article will go over how to setup your new printer purchased from foreUPhardware.com including a short and detailed video tutorial above.
- Part One: Hardware Setup.
- Part Two: Install the foreUP Printer Extension to your Chrome Browser.
- Part Three: Add a Terminal in your foreUP Software.
- Part Four: Managing Printers and Printer Groups.
- Part Five: Assign the Printer to a Terminal.
Because our printers are built specifically to guarantee functionality with our software, in order for foreUP to assist with the installation and any troubleshooting of your printers, the printers must be purchased from foreUPhardware.com.
- Ethernet Access (Router or Switch)
- Ethernet Cord
- Power Access
Steps: Part One
Follow the below steps to setup your foreUP printer hardware:
- Connect your printer to your network using an Ethernet Cable. One end will plug into the Ethernet Port on the back of the Printer and the other will plug into your network Router or Switch.
- Generate an IP address from your printer to verify its connection to your network by;
- Turn off the printer
- Hold down the Feed button on the front of the printer.
- While continuing to hold the feed button, Turn On the printer.
- As you Continue to Hold the Feed Button after turning on your printer, the printer will begin to print off two receipts. (NOTE: ONCE THE PRINTER BEGINS PRINTING YOU MAY RELEASE THE FEED BUTTON)
- The first receipt can be ignored.
- The second receipt will have your IP Address listed in the Current IP Parameter Status near the bottom, verifying your printers connection to the internet. You will need to enter this IP address into foreUP in a later step so hold onto this receipt.
Steps: Part Two
Follow the below steps to install the foreUP Printer Extension to your Chrome browser:
- When you first login to foreUP you will see a pop-up for the foreUP Printing Extension. Click on "Add to Chrome".
- You will be directed to the Chrome Webstore and the foreUP Printer Extension. Click "Add to Chrome" in the Chrome Webstore.
- If you do not see the pop-up for the extension, please Click Here to be directed to the Chrome Webstore and foreUP Printer Extension to download.
Steps: Part Three
Follow the below steps to add a terminal in your foreUP software:
- Login to foreUP and go to "Settings"
- In the Settings module, select the "Sales" settings
- In the sales settings, click on "Printing and Terminals"
- Click on the "Use Terminals" checkbox near the top right.
- Create a terminal by selecting "Add" in the terminals list or Edit an already existing terminal by clicking on the Drop-down Arrow next to your terminal in the terminals list and selecting "Edit"
- Setup Terminal Settings:
- Track Cash in Register - This will allow this terminal to keep a register log if you intend to keep a register log in this terminal.
- Automatically Print Receipts - Required to be set to "Yes" to print receipts.
- Use Web Print - Required to be set to "Yes" to print receipts.
- Print Tip Line - Receipts generated after a sale from this terminal will include a tip line.
- Signature Slip Count - Set the number of signature slips that will generate after a sale.
- Credit Card Sales Receipt Print Count - Set the number of receipts that will generate after a credit card sale.
- Non Credit Card Sales Receipt Print Count - Set the number of receipts that will generate after a non credit card sale. (Examples: Cash, Gift Cards, Customer Credit, Member Balance, Custom Payment Types, etc.)
- Click "Save Changes"
Steps: Part Four
Follow the below steps to manage printers and printer groups:
- From the Printing and Terminals settings click on "Manage Printers and Printer Groups"
- Click "Add" next to Printers.
- Enter the printers information: (you will need the IP address from Part One)
- Printer Name - The name of the printer used when assigning the printer to a terminal.
- IP Address - This must come from the second receipt generated from the printer in Part One.
- Click "Save Changes"
Steps: Part Five
Follow the below steps to assign the printer to a terminal:
- Edit the terminal created in Part Three by clicking on the Drop-down Arrow next to the terminal and selecting "Edit".
- In the top right are the Terminal Printers. Under the "Default Sales Printer" click on the drop-down arrow and choose the Printer Name from the drop-down list to assign to this terminal.
- Click "Save Changes"
- Your receipt printer is now be ready to print receipts when using the terminal it is assigned to in foreUP!
Q: What do I do if my printer is not working?
A: Please see the article foreUP Printer Troubleshooting Guide.
Q: How do I setup printer groups?
A: Please see the article How to Setup Printer Groups.
For further assistance, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com or 800-929-5737