What’s included in the box:
- EMV device itself
- Patch cable
- AC adapter
To get started, follow the initial setup steps below:
- Unbox the device
- If the patch cable is not already plugged into the EMV device itself, remove the backplate on the EMV device and attach the patch cable to the back of the device. Replace the backplate once the patch cable has been inserted
- Plug the AC adapter into the AC adapter port located on the opposite end of the patch cable
- Plug the AC adapter into a power outlet
- Using the ethernet port found on the patch cable, plug in an ethernet cable into that port and connect the other end of the ethernet cable to your local internet network
You must have already signed up for a foreUP Stripe account and already had that account connected to your foreUP account. If you are unsure if this is the case, please contact either your Client Success Manager, Senior Account Manager, or the foreUP Support Team.
Now that your EMV device has power and is plugged into your local internet network, follow the steps below to start to register the device in foreUP:
- Log into your foreUP account, click on the top-left dropdown, and select the "Stripe" module (You may need to click into any other module first and go back to the top-left dropdown before the Stripe module will appear)
- Click on the Stripe Account in the left column and then click "Manage Devices" on the top right
- Click "Add Device"
- Follow the prompts on the screen to get your device's registration code
- Once you have the registration code on the EMV device's screen, fill in the following fields in foreUP:
- Give the EMV device a name in the "Device Name" field
- Type in the registration code in the "Device Registration Code" field
- Select which foreUP terminal you wish to assign the EMV device to using the "Terminal" dropdown (this requires you to have already set up a terminal in foreUP)
- Click "Register Device" in the bottom right
- You are now ready to use your Stripe EMV device in the terminal you associated the device with
Issue: I cannot get the EMV unit to connect.
Is the EMV unit and the computer working on the same network?
Are there any firewalls that would prevent the computer from finding the EMV unit?
Has the EMV unit been assigned to a foreUP terminal? And if so, are you working out of that same terminal when trying to run a credit card transaction?
Is the “Use Terminals” box checked appropriately in the Printing and Terminals settings?
When you refresh foreUP you should see a yellow notification in the bottom right saying “connecting to stripe device." Do you see that notification?
Make sure the DNS is set to the preferred setting.
How do I change my DNS on Windows?
Hit Start and type Network Status (or right-click on your Wi-Fi icon and pick Open Network and Internet settings)
Click on Change Adapter Settings.
Right-click on your active network connection, then hit Properties
Left-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and hit Properties (If you use IPv6, change that one also/instead)
Click on "Use the following DNS server addresses" and type in one of the following public DNS server address:
220.127.116.11 = CloudFlare DNS
18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 = OpenDNS
126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 = GoogleDNS (Recommended for Stripe)
184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11 = DNS.Watch
18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 = VeriSign Public DNS
If you are still having issues, please reach out to foreUP's Support Team.