To get started, follow the initial setup steps below:
- Unbox the device
- Connect the cords to the appropriate ports
- Connect the device to your local internet network using an ethernet cable
- Plug the device into a power outlet
Now that your EMV device has power and is hooked into your network, follow the steps below to start using the EMV Device:
- Log into foreUP and click on the top-left dropdown to go Settings > Sales > Printing and Terminals > Click on the blue button “Manage Credit Card Device” (If this button is not shown, contact foreUP Support)
- Fill in the required fields as directed below:
- Device Name: Give the device a name (e.g.: Pro Shop 1)
- Device Activation Code: Once you connect the EMV device to power, and connect it to your local internet network, the device will power on and give you an activation code. You will type in that code into this field
- Terminal: You will assign the EMV device to one of your foreUP terminals
- Click "Save Changes" in the bottom right
- You should now be able to use that EMV device with the foreUP terminal you associated it with
Q: What do I do if I cannot get an activation code to show up on the EMV unit?
A: Make sure your EMV unit is successfully connected to the internet via an ethernet cable and make sure you do not have any firewalls that would prevent the EMV unit from successfully connecting to your internet network.
The ports/gateways 9001 and 443 also have to be completely open.
Ensure that the devices are being used via DHCP.
Q: What do I do if the "Manage Credit Card" button does not come up in the settings in foreUP?
A: Contact your Client Success Manager or the foreUP Support Team.
Q: Do these EMV units have a Wifi option?
A: No, the EMV units must be connected to the internet via an ethernet cable.
If you have followed the above steps and cannot get the EMV device to connect, please contact your Client Success Manager or the foreUP Support Team.