What’s included in the box:
- EMV device itself
- Rechargeable battery
- USB to DC cable
- Quick start guide
To get started, follow the initial setup steps below:
- Unbox the device
- Install the battery following the steps below:
- The battery will arrive in the same packaging box as the WisePOS E device, in a separate sleeve.
- To install the battery: with the back of the device facing you, lift up from the indentation at the bottom left corner to detach the back cover (Note: it takes a significant amount of force to open the battery door).
- Insert the battery by sliding it into the exposed slot with the gold connectors at the top aligned. If you don't install the battery, the screen will flicker when charging and you will not be able to use the reader.
- Turn on the device using the side power button (if the device does not turn on, plug in the DC end of the cable into the DC port of the device and then plug in the USB end of the cable into a USB wall adapter (not included) for charging)
You must have signed up for a foreUP Stripe account and already had that account connected to your foreUP account. If you are unsure if this is the case, please contact either your Client Success Manager, Senior Account Manager, or the foreUP Support Team.
Now that your EMV device has been charged, follow the steps below to register the device in foreUP:
- Log into your foreUP account, click on the top-left dropdown, and select the "Stripe" module (You may need to click into any other module first and go back to the top-left dropdown before the Stripe module will appear)
- Click on the Stripe Account in the left column and then click "Manage Devices" on the top right
- Click "Add Device"
- Follow the below steps to get the device's pairing code
- With the EMV device turned on, swipe right from the left edge of the EMV device's screen to reveal a settings button. Tap the settings button and enter the admin PIN 07139
- From the settings menu page, tap "Wi-Fi Settings" and connect the device to Wi-Fi (Please note that the EMV device MUST be connected to the same local network that foreUP is connected to)
- Once connected to your local Wi-Fi network, you will be brought back to the settings menu page where you will tap the button "Generate Pairing Code"
- The device will then give you the pairing code
- Once you have the pairing code on the EMV device's screen, fill in the following fields in foreUP:
- Give the EMV device a name in the "Device Name" field
- Type in the pairing code in the "Device Registration Code" field
- Select which foreUP terminal you wish to assign the EMV device using the "Terminal" dropdown (this requires you to have already set up a terminal in foreUP)
- Click "Register Device" in the bottom right
- You are now ready to use your Stripe EMV device in the terminal you associated the device with
Issue: I cannot get the EMV unit to connect.
Is the EMV unit and the computer working on the same local network?
Are there any firewalls that would prevent the computer from finding the EMV unit?
Has the EMV unit been assigned to a foreUP terminal? And if so, are you working out of that same terminal when trying to run a credit card transaction?
In foreUP, is the “Use Terminals” box checked appropriately in the Printing and Terminals settings?
When you refresh foreUP from the Sales module page, you should see a yellow notification in the bottom right saying “connecting to stripe device." Do you see that notification? If you do not see that notification, it means that your Stripe account has not been connected to foreUP, or, you are not working out of a foreUP terminal that the EMV device has been connected to.
Make sure the DNS is set to the preferred setting.
How do I change my DNS on Windows?
Hit Start and type Network Status (or right-click on your Wi-Fi icon and pick Open Network and Internet settings)
Click on Change Adapter Settings.
Right-click on your active network connection, then hit Properties
Left-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and hit Properties (If you use IPv6, change that one also/instead)
Click on "Use the following DNS server addresses" and type in one of the following public DNS server address:
184.108.40.206 = CloudFlare DNS
220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 = OpenDNS
22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199 = GoogleDNS (Recommended for Stripe)
188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 = DNS.Watch
220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 = VeriSign Public DNS
If you are still having issues, please reach out to your Senior Account Manager, your Client Success Manager, or the foreUP Support Team