The purpose of this article is to provide step-by-step instructions on how to create and set up a simple single golf pass/membership.
The following preconditions must be met before following the instructional steps below:
- Your foreUP contract must include the following modules/services at a minimum:
- Tee Sheet
- Point of Sale
Scenario: You offer a golf pass/membership that allows your golfers to have unlimited green fees Sunday - Saturday but only pay daily cart fees each time they wish to take a cart. The below instructions assume the above scenario is true.
Creating a pass involves four main steps:
- Creating a pass/member price class
- Creating the pass
- Linking the pass back to the price class created in step 1
- Selling the pass
Step 1: Creating a Pass/Member Price Class
- In foreUP, and from the top-left dropdown, go Settings > Tee Sheets > Tee Sheets > Click the action arrow on the far right of your tee sheet and select "Edit"
- From your tee sheet settings page, select the "Seasons" tab and click "New Price Class"
- Give the price class a name in the "Price Class Name" text field (e.g.: Member, Pass Holder, etc.) and click "Save Changes" in the bottom right
- Click on your newly created price class and click "Add New Timeframe"
- Scroll down to the timeframe and give the timeframe a name and enter the appropriate green and cart fee prices for 9 and 18 holes (since the pass holder gets unlimited green fees, enter $0) and click "Save Changes" in the bottom right (if you sell a pass/membership that offers unlimited green and cart fees, you will want to add an additional price class and set the price to $0 in both the green and cart fee fields)
Step 2: Creating the Pass
- Navigate to the Inventory module, click on the "Passes" tab, and click "New Pass" towards the top right
- Under the "Details" tab, fill out the required fields as indicated by the red asterisks. Using the above scenario, the below are some examples:
- Item Name: Single Golf Membership - Annual
- Department: Membership
- Category: Single Annual
- Unit Price: $1,600
- Tax: No applicable tax
- Under the "Pass Settings" tab, complete the following fields:
- Expires: Using the above scenario, set the pass to expire 365 from the date of purchase (if your passes/memberships expire on a set hard date, use the other expires field)
- If the pass/membership has any age restrictions, fill in the "Recipient Minimum Age" or the "Recipient Maximum Age" fields
- Check the box to mark the pass as renewable. This way when the member renews (purchases the pass again) on a yearly (or monthly) basis it will simply renew their expiration date for their existing pass/membership rather than selling them a whole new pass
- If you wish to have the pass purchaser automatically added to a customer group just by purchasing the pass, select the group(s) from the Pass Groups dropdown. This can be a valuable marketing tool since you can send out marketing groups based on customer group assignments (the customer group will need to have been already created in the Customers module first before it will be available in the dropdown)
Step 3: Linking the pass back to the price class created in Step 1
Continuing right where we left off in step 2, Under the "Pass Rules" tab, click "+Add Rule" and complete the following
- Select "Tee Time"
- Give the rule a name in the "Name" field
- From the "Set Price To" dropdown, select the price class you created in Step 1 (Using the above example, select Member. What this setting will do is when you check in a pass holder from the tee sheet to the POS, they will automatically come up with the correct member pricing without you having to manually change it)
- Click "+Add New Condition", select "Course" from the dropdown, and then click the "+Add Course" dropdown and select your tee sheet
- Click "+Add New Condition", select "Date/Time" from the dropdown, and then click "+Add Date/Time". The value should auto-populate with "Anytime" in this example since the pass/membership allows unlimited green fees all day every day (a variation of this would be if you offer a 5-day pass/membership where you would click on "Anytime" and then be able to indicate the days/times of day the membership was applicable)
- Once you have completed the above steps, your pass rules should look like the example screenshot below:
- Click "Save Rule" in the bottom right
- Click "Save Changes" in the bottom right
- The pass is now ready to be sold to your customers!
Step 4: Selling the Pass
To sell your newly created pass/membership, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Sales module and in the search bar, type in the name of the pass/membership you want to sell
- A Pass Details screen will popup where you will add the customer name you wish to attach the pass/membership (if the customer is not in the database yet, you can click on the customer+ icon to add a new customer)
- The expiration date should auto-populate based on the expiration date you indicated when creating the pass/membership
- Click "Save" in the bottom right and complete the sale by accepting payment
Q: I have a customer that has a pass/membership assigned to their profile but I can't seem to get them to come up with the member pricing when I check them in from the tee sheet. Why?
A: The two main reasons this may happen is that either 1: the price class that you have linked the pass to is not set correctly (repeat step 3 from the "Step 3: Linking the pass back to the price class created in Step 1" section above) or 2: when you set up the price class in the first place, it only got activated the price class in a certain season. You will want to go back to your tee sheet settings and under Seasons, you will want to make sure the member price class has set pricing for all seasons.
Q: I want to sell my pass online. Is that possible?
A: Yes, please follow the steps in this article to sell your pass online
Q: What if I want to offer a monthly payment plan rather for the pass/membership rather than paying for everything upfront. Is that possible?
A: Yes, you must have the Billing Premier module as part of your foreUP contract in order to set up automatic monthly billing. For more information on how to set up this type of pass/membership, please contact your Client Success Manager or your Senior Account Manager.
Q: If I wanted to set up a pass/membership on a monthly payment plan, can I set it up where it will just bill the customer on the day they sign up rather than the 1st of every month?
A: Yes, you must have the Billing Premier module as part of your foreUP contract in order to set up a bill-on-day-of-signup pass/membership. For more information on how to set up this type of pass/membership, please contact your Client Success Manager or your Senior Account Manager.
For further assistance, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com or 800-929-5737