The Online Customer Portal allows you to require a card on file when a customer is booking a tee time and charge that card when a no show fee is needed.
Preconditions are necessary settings, permissions, and items created in your software to allow the feature to work.
1. To require a card online, go to Settings>Online Customer Portal>Choose Tee Sheet. Select the arrow next to the online reservation group you'd like to require a card for (Public, for example) and click 'Edit'.
2. Find the setting that says 'Require Credit Card Online', and check that box. Click 'Save Changes' once you're done.
3. Now that setting is active, so a customer will now be required to add a card when they book online. It won't charge them unless you also allow/require online payment.
4. To charge that card a no show fee, you'll need to find the tee time in the tee sheet. Click on the credit card icon within the tee time.
5. Here you'll see the saved card. Click where it says 'Charge No Show'.
6. Enter the amount you'd like to charge and click 'Charge'. That's it!
Tip: If you haven't already, we'd recommend adding to your 'No Show Policy' in settings so that it's clear to your customers how much they'll be charged if they're a no show. You can do that by going to Settings>Online Customer Portal>Messages>No Show Policy. As always, feel free to reach us at 800-929-5737 x1 if you have any questions!