This article will give step-by-step instructions on how to add and attach a customer to a sale in the Sales module. By attaching a sale, you will have better reporting of who purchased what and the ability to find the sale in the customers transaction history.
Preconditions are the necessary settings, permissions, and items created in your software to allow the feature to work.
- Access to the Point of Sale module
Follow the below steps to add a customer to a sale after the items have been added to the shopping cart:
- Click on the Search Customers field found just under the shopping cart
- Type in the Name of the desired customer and select it from the dropdown.
- Note: If the customer has yet to be entered into the database, click the "+" button, fill out the required information, and click "Save Changes" in the bottom right. Then search the customer name in the search bar and select from the dropdown.
- Once the customer has been attached, tender out the transaction by clicking on one of the green payment buttons
For further assistance, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com or 800-929-5737