There are two different ways to add a tip to a transaction in the foreUP F&B Module. Tips can be added before or after completing a transaction. This article will go over both options.
Preconditions are the necessary settings, permissions, and items created in your software to allow the feature to work.
- Access to the F&B Module.
- An open tab or a recent transaction.
Follow the below steps to add a tip:
- Option 1: Adding a Tip after Completing a Sale through Recent Transactions.
- After the transaction has been completed, the table will close and return you to your dining room layout home screen. Click on "Recent Transactions".
- Search or find the transaction you want to and a tip to. The most recent transactions will be listed first. Click "Add Tip".
- Confirm the payment Type, the tip Amount, and the Recipient of the tip. Once this has been confirmed click "Apply Tip".
- Option 2: Adding a Tip before Completing a Sale through the Pay Now/Split button.
- Once it is time to take payment for an open tab, click the Pay Now/Split button on the left-hand side of the screen.
- In the Pay Now/Split screen enter the Tip amount before completing the transaction then complete the sale. (Tips can be added as a percentage or a dollar amount)
Q: Can I set up auto gratuity, including auto gratuity based on a headcount?
A: Yes! Please see the article How to Setup Auto Gratuity.
Q: If I charge an auto gratuity, can I also add an additional tip after the sale has been completed?
A: Yes! After the sale has been completed with auto gratuity included, you would complete the steps from Option 1 to add an additional tip after the sale has been completed.
For further assistance, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com or 800-929-5737