The purpose of this article is to define the terms used on the statistics page of a sent marketing email campaign.
Preconditions are the necessary settings, permissions, and items created in your software to allow the feature to work.
- Access to the Marketing Module
Follow the below steps to view marketing email statistics:
- Go to the Marketing module.
- Click on "Sent Campaigns".
- Click on the Statistics icon on the right side of the sent campaign.
- Under "Emails Processed" you will see eight different statistics listed. Please see below for more information on each statistic:
- Delivered: The number of emails that were successfully delivered to your customers
Bounced: The number of emails that were bounced. Emails can bounce for the following reasons:
- The recipient’s email address is invalid
- The recipient has unsubscribed already from an email in the past
- The email was bounced when the email was being delivered
- The email was reported as a spam email
Deferred: The number of emails that were deferred. Emails can defer for the following reasons:
- The receiving server has seen high volumes of emails in a short amount of time and suspects that the sender could be spammy
- The receiving server doesn’t have any open ports to receive an email
- Technical issues with the receiving server
- The recipient’s mailbox is full
- The recipient has marked your mail as spam
- The recipient has blocked the email address or domain
Dropped: The number of emails that were dropped. An email can drop for the following reasons:
- Email platform identifies spammy content and removes the offending message before it reaches the recipient server
- When a recipient previously unsubscribed or bounced,
- Invalid SMTPAPI header
- The recipient list over package quota
- Opens: The number of times the recipients have opened the email. These opens are not unique opens, meaning, if one recipient opened up your email 50 times, it would record all 50 opens
- Unsubscribed: The number of recipients who have unsubscribed from marketing emails utilizing the unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email
- Spam Reported: The number of recipients who marked the email as spam
- Clicks: The number of times the recipients have clicked on some link in the email. These clicks are not unique clicks, meaning, if one recipient click on a link in your email 50 times, it would record all 50 clicks
For further assistance, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com or 800-929-5737