What's included in the box:
- Infinea TabM iPad Credit Card Reader itself
- Micro USB to USB-A cable
The following conditions must already be met before setting up the reader:
- You must be processing with Worldpay
- You will need to have had Worldpay already set up an iPad-payment-processing specific account (E2E) for you and had those account credentials added to the backend of your foreUP account by your foreUP Client Success Manager or your Senior Account Manager
- You must have already purchased the compatible iPad model found here and downloaded the foreUP app from the iOS App Store
- You must be logged in to foreUP on the foreUP app and working out of a foreUP terminal that already has iPad mode turned on. See instructions below on how to turn on iPad mode:
- Log into foreUP and go Settings > Sales > Printing and Terminals
- Under the Terminals box on the right, either click "Add" to create a new terminal if one doesn't already exist or click the arrow on the right and select "Edit" from the dropdown
- Scroll down to the bottom of the terminal settings and set "Enable iPad Mode" to "Yes"
- Click "Save Changes" in the bottom right
If the above preconditions have been met, follow the steps below:
- Unbox the credit card reader and plug it into the iPad (You will know the reader has been recognized by the iPad as the blue light on the reader will flash)
- Go to the Sales module to run a test transaction by adding any item to the shopping cart and clicking "Credit Card"
- You should see the below screen after you click credit card (if you do not get the below screen, you are not working out of an iPad-enabled foreUP terminal. Either switch to the foreUP terminal that is iPad enabled, or, see instructions above to turn on iPad mode)
- Swipe a credit card on the reader to complete the test transaction. If all is set up correctly, the sale will successfully complete
Issue: I get an error message about encrypted data not being accepted
A: This means that the iPad-specific Worldpay account has not been E2E enabled. Contact your Client Success Manager or Senior Account Manager for assistance in resolving this error message
Issue: I swipe the credit card and nothing happens
A: Make sure that the reader itself is turned on. To check this, press the button on the reader until the indicator light blinks blue.